Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Vignettes

So this post is to show off some of the smaller interesting things that have happened (and that I also had my camera available for).

Last week, my floor had a cupcake decorating party as a get together. We try to do something every Sunday. We have floor dinner every Sunday night, and most Sundays we have some sort of event planned.

The water pipe that leads to the fountain in Red Square broke, making a hole and dumping 40,000 gallons of water onto Red Square. I sadly forgot to get a picture of the hole once they got the water stopped, ah well. The pipe and brick is now all fixed but there is still sand in pockets over Red Square.

Western's first volleyball game. WWU v. CWU. Western won!
(same time as the broken water pipe)

On the way back from Fred Meyer Tanya and I spied a huge spider with a web full of bees. About half of the bees were still alive, trying to get out of the cocoon.

There are a lot of deer. I followed these two around for a while early one Saturday morning.

Mathes has a great view of the sun setting over Bellingham Bay. Sadly, my room faces campus but there are windows with great views in the hallways.

Since you probably can't tell, those black dots are ladybugs. This morning our room was really stuffy and didn't smell the best so I opened of of our small side windows. When I opened the curtains after finishing classes today there were ladybugs all over the window. Through several counts I guess there were about 15 inside, I have thus far trapped eight and gotten them outside and for now I can't find anymore. The rest are either in hiding or found their own way out.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting photos! More please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds.....I love seeing your photos of Western, and am so thankful that you are having fun there. I can't believe about the pipe in Red Square though, crazy!

    ReplyDelete