Saturday, February 13, 2010

Vegetable Lasagna and Sweet Potato Pie

One of the great things about living on campus is not only do you not have to clean much, or pay rent, but you don't have to cook as long as you have a meal plan. Sometimes though I begin to miss cooking something. The dorm kitchen is fine, but sometimes it's nice to have a place to yourself. I got this feeling earlier in the week and asked some of my friends if I could borrow their kitchen and we could all make dinner. I decided on vegetable lasagna, and yesterday we all went on an expedition to Fred Meyer to buy the ingredients, then walked back and got to work. The lasagna was SO good! One of my friends, D- had never had homemade lasagna before so she was super happy, two others said it was the best they ever had, And one guy said he was falling in love with me with every bite :). So this made me very happy!

Now that we've basically stuffes ourselves sick, we decide to play Twister, which was hilarious! A- was the champion, with her center of gravity so close to the ground (she's short) and her rather unfair tactics. It was all in good fun though. But after a while we all begin to want dessert. One guy gets up and goes to his backpack and pulls out a magazine page with a recipe for sweet potato pie. We were all for making dessert so he and A- ran to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients, and we whipped that together. It was super good too! It was kinda like pumpkin pie with marshmallows on top. I had never had sweet potato pie before, so I was a little iffy at first but I'm so glad I tried it!

Today though was a rugby day! We played Western Oregon University. They were a good team, and they played great, but we were better! The final score was 50-0! We had practiced hard this week because even though last week we won our game against Eastern Washington 81-5 we played INCREDIBLY sloppily. Eastern sucked, so we just played down to their level, and just jogged around the field and all around didn't try hard. We definitely upped the intensity this week, expecting WOU to be up to our caliber.

And finally, THANK YOU MOM! For the wonderful Valentine's Day package.

2 comments:

  1. Where's my V-day package?! :( heheh

    Congrats on a great lasagna, may you enjoy your noodley fate! ^_^

    ReplyDelete