Sunday, January 31, 2010

Applications and Central

I am now officially done applying to the summer research internships. I ended up applying to four of my originally planned seven. So now,we wait...

Yesterday, the Western Flames played Central Washington University at Western. We had already played Central at Central earlier in the year and won, but they hadn't gotten a ref so we thought the game didn't count and agreed to a rematch at Western. At the match yesterday CWU was bringing the heat, it was one of their main goals to beat us this year. But, we won! I sadly wasn't playing this game but I had so much fun on the sidelines watching and explaining what was going on to those standing nearby. Some of my friends from the Judo Club came to show their support for the team and for me, saying that they had to make sure to support the only girl Judo player. I believe the final score was somewhere around 19-3.

I got to play in the unofficial third half. It was a lot of fun, but most of us on the field for that half were rookies so the game was a lot less pretty. We won in the final seconds with a girl breaking through the Central defense and sprinting down the field to score a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment