Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Arboretum

Between the apartment complex that I'm staying at this summer and the campus is Sehome Hill Park, more commonly referred to as The Arboretum. Occasionally I'll take a walk through there and I've found that the more I go, the more I find. Here are some pictures!Trail...Barred Owl! I pointed it out to a biker and we stood and watched it for about ten minutes as it flew around and called back and forth to an owl we couldn't see
Downy Woodpecker! I saw several of these guys in different locations through the parkDouglas Squirrel. This poor guy i'm pretty sure was not long for this world. His tail was really ratty, he wasn't very concerned about the fact I was right next to him, and he kept bobbing his head like he was trying not to fall asleep. :(


1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! I especially like the one of the owl!

    ReplyDelete