Monday, August 16, 2010

Friday

This weekend was the best of the summer by far!

It started off normally enough with work. After a few hours I was contacted by a friend to see if I wanted to come over. Once I was finished in the lab I gave her a call and she came and picked me up (she was nearby shopping at Fred Meyer and it would take me an hour or so to walk to her house). Once there we chill playing N64 and Rock Band, we watch Moulin Rouge. After seeing it laying on the mantle, I commented that I had never seen Moulin Rouge before and apparently this was a serious gap in my movie knowledge that needed to be immediately rectified. It was a great movie! (All the songs in Moulin Rouge are medleys of other songs, this one is my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajuITcvjyPE )

At this point it is somewhere around 7PM and we're hungry. Debating various places to eat Boomers (a locally famous drive in diner in Bellingham) comes up. I hadn't been there before, another serious problem to be immediately rectified. The food is pretty good, it has solid 50's diner food that is brought out to your car. The burgers are supposed to be wonderful but I obviously stuck to a veggie burger.

On our way back to my place K- mentions that she has to go to see her parents at their cabin this weekend. I offer to go so she doesn't have to be alone with them and instead of staying home, I'm packing and soon on the way out!

It takes about an hour to arrive. The cabin is near Deception Pass and right on the water, the place is beautiful!

To be continued...

1 comment: