Friday, September 25, 2009

Technology

An interesting thing I've noticed about Western is the varying amount of technology per classroom. Nowhere have I seen an ActivBoard which I suppose makes sense because they need bigger screens for a classroom of 100+ to see, but still. In my chemistry class our professor switches between using a nice projector onto a huge screen to a chalk board when he wants to elaborate. Anthropology has the same sort of projector set up, but has upgraded to a white board. While my math class has a white board, but no projector. There is an old overhead that he could probably use but I don't believe he will. A friend of mine though says that her professor uses an overhead. I don't remember a teacher using an overhead since the 7th grade. 8th grade was to beginning of upgrading to ActivBoards.

I suppose Eastlakers have it easy though. Friends in the Seattle school district were proud of the fact their entire school had two ActivBoards while we had one in every classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment